Sometimes we need to make changes to the gas network. If you’re planning work near one of our gas pipes, or if you want to move your gas meter, we can help.
Find out how to apply for a gas pipe diversion or how to alter your gas supply below.
Make changes to your gas connection
Whether you’re building a new extension or redesigning your kitchen, we can help you make changes to your gas supply. There's two ways to find out how much it will cost to change your gas connection.
- You can get an Instant Quote for changing your gas supply here or by filling in this online form.
- Alternatively call us on 0800 072 6814 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday and between 9am and 2pm on Saturday or email email@example.com.
How much will it cost?
While each alteration is different, the below costs are for for a typical alteration and meter move with the reconnection of up to 3m of internal pipework.
- If you dig the necessary trenches: £590
- If we dig the necessary trenches: £651
You can find out more detailed information in this booklet.
If you need to make changes to more than one home or business, please call us on 0800 072 6814 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday and between 9am and 2pm on Saturday or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Divert a gas pipe
If your work is over or close to one of our gas pipes, we may need to visit your site and you may need to pay for a diversion of the gas pipe.
- Before starting work, contact us by email and send us detailed plans to email@example.com. We'll let you know if a diversion is needed and how much it will cost within 30 working days.
- If we do have to divert a gas pipe, we'll usually start work 100 working days after payment - though depending on how complicated the project is, this may take longer.