We are currently experiencing issues with our online payment portal. If you are having difficulties using the portal, please contact our team on 02920 278991 to make a payment over the phone. 

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue as soon as possible. 

Close alert panel

gas safety week 2023

We’re proud, once again, to support Gas Safety Week (11-17 September) and want to use the annual event to remind our customers to carry out some simple steps to make sure their gas appliances are working properly ahead of the coming winter months.

As the gas emergency and pipeline service for Wales and south west England, we’re joining with organisations across the UK to raise awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances, which can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.

Now’s the time to take action and we urge everyone to take some time to follow these simple gas safety steps to help keep them, and their loved ones, safe.

  • Save the National Gas Emergency Number 0800 111 999 in your phone and call it immediately if you smell gas or suspect the presence of Carbon Monoxide.
  • Have all your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year. If you rent your home, ask for a copy of the landlord’s current Gas Safety Record
  • Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix and service your appliances. You can find and check an engineer at GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.
  • Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly e.g. lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks or stains on or around the appliance and condensation in the room.
  • Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.
  • Know the six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.

By following these simple steps and sharing information with family, friends and neighbours, we can help save lives.