We are currently experiencing issues with our online payment portal. If you are having difficulties using the portal, please contact our team on 02920 278991 to make a payment over the phone. 

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue as soon as possible. 

Close alert panel

Richard Jones, Wales & West Utilities Gas Emergency Service Manager for South Wales said:

“We were alerted to reports of a smell of gas on Queen Street Cardiff this morning (Friday 16 Sept) and immediately sent engineers to the area.

“On arrival we found a reported fire on an electrical cable in the basement of a shop. At this moment in time, we have not found a gas leak in the area. We are working with Western Power Distribution – the electricity distribution network operator, and the emergency services to resolve this incident.

“As a precaution, several nearby buildings were evacuated by the emergency services. We can now confirm that there is no gas in any buildings and we are working with the emergency services to reduce the closed area of Queen Street and let people back into the buildings.

“If anyone smells gas, thinks they have a gas leak, or suspects carbon monoxide poisoning, they should call us on 0800 111 999 and our engineers will be there to help, day or night"