Gas Engineering Operative, south west England - Register Your Interest
Want to help us keep the gas flowing in south west England?
Over the next few months, we’re going to be recruiting the engineers who will keep the gas flowing safely and reliably to homes and businesses today and prepare the gas network to transport green gases like hydrogen and biomethane.
If this is something that you’d like to be part of, read on and register your interest. Don't worry if you don't hear from us immediately, when the opportunities are available, we will email you with further details on the application process.
As part of a two-person team, you’ll be working hard to maintain existing gas equipment and lay new gas supply pipes to keep the gas flowing to heat homes and power businesses now and in the future, while delivering outstanding levels of customer service. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Responding to gas emergencies, repairing gas supply pipes and the gas network where needed to keep the communities we serve safe
- Laying new gas supply pipes to connect homes and businesses to the gas network
- Supporting our gas pipe investment programmes by upgrading and extending the gas network
- You must be willing to work a variety of shift patterns: including weekend and evening work, and you’ll be part of a 24/7/365 standby rota.
The way we do things
Wales & West Utilities is a values-based business. You can find out more here.
You’ll need to hold a full, valid driving license
- A starting salary of £24,304 a year, rising to £26,969 on completion of on the job training/qualification plus overtime when fully qualified)
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- You will join our Defined Contribution pension scheme, and have access to our Flexible Benefits programme.
We expect to have opportunities available in the following areas. You must live within a commutable distance of the areas you work.