Listening to our stakeholders – and acting on your feedback
Our stakeholders help shape the services we provide. We listen to and act on stakeholder feedback to make sure we continue to deliver outstanding levels of gas safety, reliability and customer service, so we’re trusted and valued by the millions of people we serve every day.
We really value your opinion and would like you to continue to help us shape our business in the future. There are lots of ways you can get in touch and be involved:
- Become one of our 'critical friends' - or get involved with our customer panels
- Take part in our online surveys
- Talk to us about partnering or pitch an innovation project for funding
- Attend one of our local community events, letting us know your thoughts on our services
- Receive updates on how we are performing
And this summer, to help us shape our Business Plan from 2021, we’re asking people to have their say as part of our Let’s Connect campaign, answer a short online survey on our services – and be in with a chance of winning a prize, such as an Amazon gift voucher.
Click here to have your say on the future of your gas network and the services we provide.
Our approach to engagement
Engaging with and listening to our stakeholders is how we drive forward our business performance. Engagement is driven by our executive team, but embedded throughout our business and is the responsibility of all our colleagues.
We actively consult with a broad range of stakeholders making sure they’re informed and engaged, and can influence our business decisions.
Principles that guide our engagement
- Transparency – being open and clear about what we're doing
- Inclusivity – involving all relevant parties
- Materiality – focusing on what's most relevant and important
- Responsiveness – reacting quickly and efficiently to feedback
Themes for engagement
To make sure that we’re doing the right things both for our stakeholders and our business, we've carefully matched our engagement themes to our business priorities.
Demanding safety always
- Deliver our gas pipe replacement programme
- Make sure we’re prepared for a major incident
- Reduce risk to the general public from carbon monoxide poisoning
Driving outstanding service
- Working to keep our customers happy
- Safeguard the needs of people in vulnerable situations
Delivering value for money
- Keep our element of customer bills as low as it can be
- Drive value through partnerships and innovation
- Work to address gas theft
Doing all we can to provide a reliable gas supply and promote sustainability
- Support local communities to protect and enhance the environment
- Reduce network emissions and business carbon footprint
Designing our future
- Reducing fuel poverty, helping to make gas energy more affordable
- Improving the skills, capability and culture of our workforce
- Supporting the development of the Government's policy for our future energy system, so it’s secure, affordable and decarbonised, and bringing 'green gas' into the network
If you visit our company reports page you can read our stakeholder reports. We look forward to continuing to work with our stakeholders, to shape the future of our business. Have your say – get involved.
Stakeholder Engagement Workshop Reports 2017 (Opens accordion panel)
- Workshop Report - Summary Download, PDF file, size 7.7MB (Opens in a new window)
- Workshop Report - Exeter Download, PDF file, size 8.8MB (Opens in a new window)
- Workshop Report - Llandudno Download, PDF file, size 6.6MB (Opens in a new window)
- Critical Friends' Panel Report Download, PDF file, size 4.9MB (Opens in a new window)
Stakeholder Presentations 2017 (Opens accordion panel)
- Stakeholder workshop - Final - Exeter.pptx Download, PPTX file, size 2.8MB (Opens in a new window)
- Stakeholder workshop - Final - Llandudno - English.pptx Download, PPTX file, size 2.8MB (Opens in a new window)
- Stakeholder workshop - Final - Llandudno - Welsh.pptx Download, PPTX file, size 3.1MB (Opens in a new window)
- Alternative gas workshop slides - Final slides.pdf Download, PDF file, size 5.2MB (Opens in a new window)
- Critical Friends Panel slides - June 2017 - Cardiff WWU Final.pdf Download, PDF file, size 1.1MB (Opens in a new window)
- Critical Friends Panel slides - July 2017 - Bristol WWU Final.pdf Download, PDF file, size 1.1MB (Opens in a new window)
- Critical Friends Panel slides - December 2017.pdf Download, PDF file, size 1015.4KB (Opens in a new window)
- WWU Stakeholder Engagement Incentive Submission 2016-17 (Opens accordion panel)